Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 March 2011

To the Paddy in you.

Today is the day for everyone on the planet to become obliterated at any time of day they wish possible, and blame it on thier apparent irish heritage. I for one say, good for you! I am also of Irish blood through my mother and grandparents and so i agree with any amount of consumption of the black stuff! (provided you are not driving or operating heavy machinery).

However like the rest of the planet, I am up early for work, not because my cat was insistant that I feed him at 6.15 this morning which resulted in my smooshing his head with a wet hand that i dipped into my glass of water to shut him up... no, that wasnt the case at all. Still, I am sat ready and waiting for my second cup of tea... and I have just realised that I have aquired another trait of my mothers. suppose if it going to be any day it will be today!

Today is the day to be happy, and celebrate life, and joy, and knowing somewhere along the line, you are related to an Irish man or woman who will be later tonight singing thier heart out in song and laughter and spilling the black stuff on the shoulder next to them.

So basically, I think today you should look at life, and feel proud to have paddy blood somewhere in you, because everyone does, and if you dont, you can just pretend, because everyone loves the irish, and everyone loves an excuse to drink, so go on and do so, have fun tonight and raise a drink to the paddy in you!

SLAINTE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment